Friday, March 21, 2008

Rough Times

Today we found out that Lena is allergic to milk. She has been really fussy ever since we brought her home, but it had been getting worse. She cries all the time and often writhes around in pain while screaming. It's been very hard on Jim and me. Last night I noticed some blood in her diaper and we called the pediatrician. She told us that Lena likely has a lactose intolerance and should be on a special formula.

I am sad that I won't be able to breastfeed her anymore. I was really looking forward to having that experience as a mom. But the only reason I was really for it was because I thought it was best for her, but it turns out that it isn't best for her. So we are trying a hypoallergenic formula called Nutramigen.

We really hope it works. Things are really rough around here right now and I am dealing with post partum depression. This being Holy Week doesn't help things either.

I pray that God takes away Lena's pain and my depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment