Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lena's First Spoon Feeding

Today Lena ate with a spoon for the first time! It was so fun! You have to watch the video; it's about 4 minutes, but it's funny to see her reaction. She wasn't too sure at first. She got the funniest look on her face when I put the first spoonful in her mouth. But then she got the hang of it and was kicking her legs in excitement! She ate a lot; much more than I was expecting her to at her first feeding. I offered her a bottle when she was done, and she only took about an ounce or two. I am so proud of her!

I have decided to make my own baby food and have been hitting the farmers market for butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and even parsnips! I have been making it and will freeze it as her pediatrician wants us to wait until she is six months old before feeding her vegetables. So for now we will stick with the cereal. Looks like that's fine with her!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is so different from the way Odin reacts to the spoon. He gives me this scrunched up face and purses his lips, lol. I've fed him a handful of times now (cereal, apples, bananas), and he still just doesn't want to open his mouth! Practice makes perfect, so we'll just keep trying!

    ReplyDelete