Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lena Stood Up!

Yes, it's true! She was crawling around the living room floor while Jim and I were sitting reading our books. She had been kind of fussy because her teeth were hurting her. We have an ottoman and on top of it was another book that I am reading. Lena absolutely loves our books and tries to get at them every chance she gets. Well, she saw that book laying on the ottoman and decided she wanted it. I saw her going for it, and reached over to move it out of her reach. That's when I looked over and saw Lena standing up, holding on to the edge of the ottoman! I was so shocked! I said to Jim, "Oh my gosh! She's standing up!" And he saw her too. It's a good thing, because I'm not sure I would have believed my eyes otherwise. Then the next second she fell down. But I was so amazed. Just the day before someone asked me if she was pulling herself up on things yet, and I honestly thought it would be a while, because I hadn't seen her do anything even close to this yet. And she's only been crawling for a week or two. But, this girl is determined. When she decides she wants something, she's going to get it!

I'm awfully proud of my little girl, but also quite nervous about how mobile she is getting. Guess it's time to baby-proof the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment