Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter. It was a super busy weekend, but it was fun. Grandma Sheryl came up Friday morning and spent the weekend with us. Here are a few pics.



Lena and Grandma Sheryl on Good Friday.


Lena in her Easter dress. Yep, she's still doing the goofy face thing when you tell her to smile.


I think Jim is laughing at Lena.


Looking at the pretty red tulips outside the church.


This is the best family pic of the day. It was really windy.


Lena playing with her pal Rebecca.


It was a beautiful day.


Lena's Easter basket.


How did I know she would go for the SpongeBob stickers first?


Oooh, jelly beans!


Grammy Tammy, Roger, Aunt Amy, and Uncle Frank came up after church and had Easter dinner with us. Lena had fun playing with Aunt Amy. She also had fun blowing bubbles outside with Grammy Tammy, but I didn't get any pics of that.


Aunt Amy french braided her hair. Pretty!


Styling in her sunglasses.


Lena and Aunt Amy.


Before she left, Aunt Amy trimmed Lena's bangs.

The busy weekend (seven services in four days) was pretty rough on me physically, so I am so thankful that Mom was here to help out. She stayed home with Lena while I attended the late evening services on Friday and Saturday and was so helpful around the house. I was in such bad shape after church on Sunday that Mom ended up making almost our entire Easter meal.

My hip has been bothering me so much that my OB referred me to a physical therapist last week. I have tendinitis in my left hip that is causing me a lot of pain. I am now going to physical therapy twice a week to try to alleviate the problem. Considering the pain and discomfort I am in, it's hard to believe I still have two months to go before this baby is born!

Of course, my lovely husband has taken this opportunity (no doubt combined with the fact that I am turning 30 in 2 weeks) to tease me about being old. The physical therapy center I go to is on a street called Gezon Parkway, but he finds it hilarious to call it "Geezer Parkway." Thanks Babe!

Jim's school is on Spring Break this week and he is enjoying a quiet week after such a busy one. We are taking a little trip this weekend as well. On Thursday we are driving up to Wisconsin to see our friends in Racine, the Chrysts. On Friday evening, they are going to watch Lena while Jim and I go to Milwaukee to see the Cardinals play the Brewers. We haven't yet been to Miller Park, and this was the only opportunity I would have to see the Cardinals before the baby is due, so I am excited about that. The biggest problem with going to games in the spring is the likelihood of rain, so I am praying that it doesn't rain in Milwaukee on Friday night! It's very unlikely that I would be able to attend a make-up game if that happens. We will be driving home on Saturday.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter!


4/7/10: Just found out that Miller Park has a retractable roof so even though it is supposed to be 53 and sunny on Friday, we don't have to worry if it does rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment