Thursday, January 31, 2013

Last Sunday at Good Shepherd


January 27, 2013 was Jim's last Sunday as pastor of Good Shepherd.  While we were looking forward to what we had ahead of us, it was really hard saying goodbye to everyone.  


 The congregation threw a small party for us with lunch and cake.










 They asked me to cut the cake.


 Lena and Josh.






 We got some lovely gifts as well.

Like I said, it was really difficult saying goodbye to so many people who meant so much to us.  These people watched our girls grow from tiny babies into sweet little girls.  Really, they know our girls better than our own family because they see them every single week.  We had all been through a lot together in the last five and a half years.  We will definitely miss them.  I am so very thankful for Facebook and email so we can all keep in touch!

(Special thanks to Betty Holmes for these pictures as I left my camera at home that day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment