Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our Tenth Anniversary

Jim and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on June 7th.  Ten years!  Hard to believe we've been married for a whole decade.  

Jim planned a special evening to celebrate.  First, we went on a lantern-guided tour of some of the exhibits at the Civil War Museum here in Kenosha.  He thought this would be nice because we were both history majors in college when we met.  We hadn't been to the Civil War Museum yet, so that was really neat.  The museum was celebrating their 5th anniversary that weekend, so they had a bunch of special events going on.  

Jim made dinner reservations for us at House of Gerhard, a German restaurant in Kenosha.  This was special because we met in German class.  We had a very lovely dinner there.  

After dinner we went back to the Civil War Museum, where there was a special concert by the Kenosha Pops.  It was on the lawn outside the museum.  As it was part of the museum's anniversary celebration, the music consisted of patriotic pieces from the Civil War period.  The music was very nice, but it was unseasonably chilly that evening.  We brought a blanket for our legs, but still got quite cold.  We stuck it out for about an hour before we decided to go.  We warmed up by taking a walk along the North Pier out to the lighthouse.  

I forgot to bring my camera, but we snapped a few pics with my phone.










(click on the picture to see it a little closer up)

In honor of our tenth anniversary, we bought me a new wedding band.  The one I had been wearing was a hand-me-down, and while I certainly didn't mind wearing it, we had always planned to buy a new one at some point.  Even though it wasn't a great time, financially, I had "outgrown" that ring and so was in need of a new one.  I chose this one because it was very reasonably priced for the quality.  It's 10 karat white gold with seven tiny diamonds totaling a quarter of a karat.  It's just perfect.  The way it sparkles in the sunlight is just amazing. Between it and my new Mother's Ring, I am loving my new bling!

Happy 10th Anniversary, Jimmy!  I love you!  I can't wait to see what the next ten years has in store for us!

1 comment: