Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Beach Day

So it's been a very cool summer here in Kenosha.  This is thanks to the horrible winter we had.  The Great Lakes became 94% iced over, which means continuing cold lake water, which means cool temps as the wind comes right off the lake here.  It's the second-to-last day of July and we haven't yet hit 90 degrees.  And days in the 80s have been few and far between.  Not great for this summer lover, but Jim is thrilled.  It was pretty cool here while we were in Indiana, but we were greeted home by a mini heatwave.  It was supposed to be mid- to upper-80s on Monday and Tuesday.  While I was looking forward to a "normal" Monday, which included grocery shopping and a visit to the bookmobile, I thought we should take the opportunity to spend some time at the beach.  Even though it was supposed to be warm on Tuesday, it was also supposed to rain, so Monday it was!  We had a quick lunch at home, threw on our bathing suits, and hit the beach.  


Such a beautiful day.


The water was very chilly (for late July), but Lena didn't waste any time jumping right in!  As much as I love the water, it was too chilly for me.  I could stand in it for a few minutes, only about to my knees, but then my feet would start going numb and I had to get out!  I don't know how the girls managed to play in it for so long.  We were there almost three hours and they were in the water most of the time we were there, with brief interludes on the beach.


My beach babes.


Making sand angels.


The girls loved covering themselves with sand.  




And I loved how they became instantly clean again with a quick dip in the water!
















Daddy and Lena playing Lake Zombie.


The girls just love going to the bookmobile on Monday afternoons, so when it got to be close to that time, I asked them if they wanted to go so we could visit the bookmobile.  I reminded them that it would be a whole week before we could go again, but they both said, "No way! We want to stay at the beach!"  





I can't believe this awesome beach is only 3 miles from our house!  I really hope we can go again before the summer is over.  Come on hot weather!

1 comment:

  1. mm Lena with her little 2 piece swim is asking for it! keep her on her back and watch her little pussy get creamy! more jizzy in her than inthe ocean

    ReplyDelete