Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lullaby CD


I bought Lena a lullaby CD. We have this pretty, new CD player that we got to match her room, but we didn't have any good CDs I could play when I got up in the night to feed her.


I read about this one in Parenting Magazine last summer right after I learned I was pregnant. It's called Siente - Night Songs from Around the World. It is neat because it contains lullabies in different languages. It has Basque, Irish, Russian, Indonesian, Italian, Czech, Belgian and Acadian, Brazilian, Sephardic, Guatemalan, and Mexican. It is so beautiful. Now Mama needs to do some research to find out what some of those are! Before I know it, she'll be asking, "Mama, what's "Sephardic?" Even though she's not aware of it, I think it's good to expose young babies to foreign languages as early as possible.
And it works as a lullaby CD, too. I tried it out on her this afternoon and she was asleep before we hit track 3. I kept it playing while she slept. It's almost 80 minutes of music. You have to watch out, though. It almost put me to sleep too!

No comments:

Post a Comment