Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day


Today was my first Mother's Day. It was lovely. Dad got me this beautiful orchid and rose corsage. And Lena gave me this pretty carnation. Look at her holding it!

I got the best Mother's Day gift. Two tickets to see the Cardinals play the Tigers in June! How neat! I'm so excited. I had resigned myself to the fact that this would be the first year in five that I didn't get to go to a game. But no longer! What a wonderful gift. Thanks so much to Lena (and whoever helped her buy the tickets, because I don't think she has a credit card yet:)
We didn't really do anything exciting. I got to read the entire Sunday paper uninterrupted (because Baby and Daddy both took a long nap!) We went to Hastings for a yummy treat and to buy Lena some new jammies because she has grown out of the 0-3 month ones. She's not chunky, just really long. They were pulling on her shoulders.


How blessed I am to be the mama of this beautiful little girl! She is such a happy child. I thank God for her everyday and can't wait to watch her grow up.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and to everyone else out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment