Saturday, June 7, 2008

Five Wonderful Years

Five years ago today Jim and I were married at Zion Lutheran Church in Woodburn, Indiana. It was the beginning of the most stressful, but most wonderful time in my life. In that five years, we moved five times, both completed grad school, had three cars totaled (flood, semi-truck accident, and theft), had health issues, made many wonderful new friends, bought our first house, and created life. We faced numerous challenges during that time, but it was all for the good of our marriage. Moving to St. Louis after the wedding was by far the best thing we could have done for our marriage. Without old friends and family close by, we clung to each other. When we fought, there was no where else for us to go, so we stayed home and worked it out. When times were tough, we had only each other to lean on. We were not only husband and wife; we learned the importance of being best friends, confidants, conversation partners, prayer partners, travel buddies, and lovers. We were fortunate to learn these lessons early on; some couples never do.


Today I would like to say Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband. I could not imagine a better partner for me, or a better father for my baby.


I love you, my Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment