Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It was inevitable

So last week Lena discovered her feet. She has been enjoying grabbing them and holding them, one hand on each foot. It's kind of nice because she always has toys with her wherever she goes! I knew that it wouldn't be long before the feet found their way into her mouth. She loves putting her hands in her mouth, so I knew the feet wouldn't be far behind. Well, look how we found her today:
Doesn't look very comfortable, does it? She seems to enjoy it. Amazing how she can fold herself in half like that.


She looked at me like, "What's the big deal, Mama?" Then she promptly went back to gnawing on her toes.
Last week, the night of June 4th, was the first time Lena slept in her crib at night. And she slept there all night long. All by herself. So proud of her! I had been unsuccessful in getting her to nap there during the day, so I just assumed she wouldn't sleep there at night either (she's been sleeping in the bassinett in our room.) But that night, on a whim, I laid her down there and she watched her mobile for a while then went to sleep. It was a little stressful for me not having her right beside me, but I am really happy that she is comfortable enough sleeping by herself. She gave us quite a scare Saturday morning though. I feed her before bed, usually between 10 and 11, and then she wakes me up around 6:30 wanting to eat again. Well Saturday morning I am awoken by Jim asking me if I had already fed her. I said, "No. What time is it?" It was 8:30!! We both went running in there, just sure that something was wrong, but there she was, fast asleep. We woke her up and she just looked at us and grinned her big beautiful smile! She is so amazing!
Early this morning, around 3:30 am, she woke me up crying. I went in there and she had flipped herself onto her stomach! That is a first! She was crying because she absolutely hates being on her stomach. She has been rolling onto her side and sleeping that way lately. I rolled her back over, she smiled at me, then went back to sleep. Such a good little baby.
It's so great getting some use of the crib that we spent so much money on!

1 comment:

  1. Caleb never "folded" much but we are always surprised how Josh can be super folding like. That's why people tell you that they are flexible and can fall down stairs and bounce right back. I wouldn't recommend that though. Sorry, I'm tired and Chuck is reading over my shoulder which always annoys me.

    ReplyDelete