Thursday, July 31, 2008

The flowers are finally done!

So, I had always wanted to put Lena's name up in her room somehow but was never sure how to do it. And then I realized how handy it would be to have somewhere to hang stuff like hats and the dress she would wear to church the next day. When I was in Hobby Lobby one day, I saw some really cute flower-shaped pegs and a light bulb went on. Now, I am not a crafty person, so this was quite an undertaking for me. The flowers were unfinished, so I had to sand them, paint them, put letters on them, and put a clear coating on. Here is the finished result:



This is the project that Hilary and I were working on when she was here for Sisters' Day. She helped me paint them, but more importantly, she helped me pick out the colors, which colors went together, and what order they should be in. Sounds simple, but took us a long time!
Every other letter (the vowels, as it turns out) has a peg. We took the dot off the pegs we didn't need and just glued them to the flower.





I think it really brightens up her room. I am so glad it's done! It was fun, but a lot of work. I'm such a perfectionist that even simple projects like this give me lots of problems. :)
I hope Lena likes it as she gets older. Right now she enjoys looking at it when laying on the changing table.
Thanks to Hilary and Jim for helping me!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete