Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Iowa Trip

Last weekend Lena and I went to Iowa. We went with Grandpa Lee and Aunt Hilary. We hadn't yet introduced Lena to Dad's side of the family; so that was the purpose of the trip.


Lena got to meet her Great-Grandpa Gilbert. She is his first great-grandchild. He liked her an awful lot. Lena also got to meet my Uncle Mark and Aunt Trista.


This is Lena with her Great-Great-Aunt Delores. She is Grandpa Lee's aunt. We had a nice chat with her and she served us some yummy chocolate zucchini cake that she had made earlier in the day.

Our four generations picture. As you can see, I am sans glasses. I lost them while we were there. Back in business now, though.


This is Lena with Triple G (lol) and my cousins Trent and Lauryn. They had so much fun swimming in our hotel's pool. They thought Cousin Hilary was especially fun. Hilary and I spent quite a bit of time trying to convince Lauryn that we all had the same grandpa, but she having none of it! She turns 4 on August 5, and Trent turned 7 in June.

We had a nice trip. I am really glad that Grandpa got to meet Lena and vice versa. Thanks so much to Grandpa Lee for making this trip possible, and to Aunt Hilary for all of her help.

No comments:

Post a Comment