Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I hope you all had a nice one.  We had a great one!  Jim and I got to host Thanksgiving for some of our family this year.  His dad and sister, Brian and Amy, came up and so did my parents.  They all got to experience my first-ever turkey.



Here he is getting ready to go into the oven.


While the turkey cooked and I got some other things going in the kitchen, 
Grandpa Brian, Aunt Amy, and Daddy took Lena for a walk.


Our pretty dinner table.


So pretty!


Showing it off.  It turned out really well.  
I will post the recipe and technique I used on my cooking blog.


Jim did a great job carving it.


Jim, Brian, Amy, and Lena.


Dad, Me, Mom, and Lena.


My rosy-cheeked baby.


I had to take another one of her because I forgot her hair bow in the first one. :)


I have to say that today was one of my favorite Thanksgivings.  I really enjoyed having the house full of family and am so glad they all decided to make the trip up here.  (We missed Hilary and Scott but were glad that they got to spend the day with his family.)  I would love to do it again next year for anyone who wants to come.


Oh, and our porch bunny was festive as well, donning a Native American outfit.  He even brought us a chicken he killed with his bow!  Can't wait to see what will happen for Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment