Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Decorations

Today we decorated for Christmas!  We don't usually do it this early, but we are having a Christmas photo done for our Christmas cards, taken in front of our tree, so we wanted to get it done early.  Hilary and I hit the after Christmas sales last year and I got a new tree and a bunch of other decorations.  I thought it would be really fun to do a theme tree this year.  It's a cardinals tree (the bird, not the baseball team!)  It is so beautiful! 


We started with some pinecones and nestled them into the branches instead of dangling them off the branches.  That made a big difference and gives it a really natural look.  Then we added some sparkly acorns (I know, I know, wrong kind of tree. But they look really pretty!)  It looked so neat that we were tempted to just leave it like that!  But we added the cardinals and some icicle looking ornaments.  It is by far the prettiest Christmas tree I have ever seen!  


Our nativity scene and our stockings.


Another shot of the tree.  The pictures don't really do it justice.


These are our front windows.  


Close up on the tree.  Notice the slight dusting of snow.


We did a little decorating in the dining room as well.


Keeping the cardinals theme, of course.


I bought a plain, undecorated wreath last year and so we fixed it up with, what else, cardinals!


This is our old tree.  We decided to put it on our front porch and decorate it too!  We hung our bird feeders on it.

It's nice having the house all Christmasy.  Now I need to get started on my shopping! 

Oh, and happy nine month birthday to my sweet Lena!

No comments:

Post a Comment