Monday, December 1, 2008

Glitter Girl

So today I got Lena up from her nap and put her in the living room.  I closed the gate to the dining room and the gate to the stairs.  Then I left her to go to the bathroom.  I remember thinking that she was being unusually quiet; she is known for crying and carrying on every second that I am out of the room.  Unless she's gotten into something.  Sure enough, this is how I found her when I came out of the bathroom.


She is chewing on a gold glitter-covered poinsettia leaf that was in that glass bowl on the right.  I forgot that we have a third barrier to put up now, the barrier to the Christmas tree.  I am glad that she was distracted by the poinsettia instead of grabbing a Christmas tree ornament and pulling the whole tree down!

However, I still had to figure out how to get the glitter off.  It was everywhere: her hands, her face, and of course, the inside of her mouth.  I heard a quote from a stand-up comedian the other day who called glitter the herpes of all craft supplies. :)  So true!  I tried to get a picture of her face covered in glitter, but as I hit the button, she leaned in really close to me so the picture is washed out.  But I posted it anyway, because I think it's cute.


Gotta love the little wisp of hair flipping out.  That girl gets some serious bed head!

No comments:

Post a Comment