Monday, February 16, 2009

Aunt Hil's Visit

Aunt Hil has been trying to visit since New Year's Day.  But ever since, either she has been sick, or we have been sick, or it snowed too much for her to travel, or we already had plans for the weekend.  But FINALLY, she made it this past weekend.  Yay!  We really enjoyed her visit.  We hung out at home on Friday evening and watched a movie (The Secret Life of Bees) and some ghosty shows on tv.  On Saturday she and I went shopping while Jim watched Lena at home.  It was fun for me to get out for a bit without Lena.  We hit Penzey's and overloaded our scent glands (we always leave there sneezing!), went on a hunt for cream of asparagus soup (success!), and had lunch at a Mexican place (Tres Lobos on 28th Street).  

Aunt Hilary had lots of fun playing with Lena.  And Lena had fun too!  She loves it when people come to see her.  

We will see Aunt Hilary again in two weeks when she comes up for Lena's birthday party.  The invitations will be sent out this week (sorry so late!)  Just so you know, it will be Saturday, February 28 from 3 to 6 pm.  I hope everyone can come.

Oh, and also I updated Lena's Look-A-Like Meter.  It's down at the bottom of the page.  Before it said that she looked more like me by 6%.  Now it says she looks more like me by 11%.  Pretty slim margin.  I guess she just looks like Lena!


No comments:

Post a Comment