Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Little Ham

I don't have any Fourth of July pics. We didn't go anywhere or do anything fun yesterday. With all of our traveling, I was really content just to stay home and get some projects done around the house. It was so lovely having a weekend with no plans! Yesterday I took apart all of our box fans and cleaned them (they get really dirty with cat hair etc). Then while Lena was napping I cleaned everything out of the laundry room, sorted it, and put up some new shelving. We got these shelves with our anniversary gift from Mom and Dad. Our laundry room had gotten really bad; we kept buying stuff we already had but didn't know we had because our laundry room was just a mess! It has some built-in shelving, which is nice, but because they are low to the ground and back in the corner, it was hard to keep that stuff organized. So I moved all of our tools and hardware, light bulbs, etc. to the new shelving, at eye level, and then I'll use the built-in shelving as storage for stuff we don't use as often.


It's not done yet. I want to get some organizer trays for the shelves on the left. That has all of our hardware and tools. The bottom shelf will house the cat box (we need to get one without a lid because the one we have won't fit) and cat food. The shelves on the right will hold cleaning supplies, paper towels, and kitchen overflow. I have several large kitchen appliances and stock pots that don't fit anywhere in my kitchen and so they had been stuffed in the spare room until now. Now they have a place and our guests don't have to look at them as they are falling asleep!

So I enjoyed getting that project started and mostly done yesterday.

Here is a pic I took Thursday or Friday evening. Jim and I were watching tv as Lena was playing with her toys in the other part of the living room. I looked over at her and this is what I saw:


For some unknown reason, she had pulled the front of her shirt up and stuck it on her head! What a goof! She is such a little ham. Always making funny noises and faces just for the heck of it. I started laughing at her and she started strutting around the living room, showing off her fashion sense!


The rest of these pics are ones Aunt Hilary took while she was babysitting Lena last weekend. She emailed them to me today.


Hilary took Lena for a walk on the trail Friday evening when we were at the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. She titled this one "Lena Rocks."


Saturday. Posing for the camera.



I hope you all had an enjoyable Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment