Monday, July 12, 2010

Taste of Middleville

On Saturday, we walked downtown to the Taste of Middleville, an annual event where all the local restaurants set up booths and sell their specialty dishes.



Sandy, owner of the Big Easy, talking to Eva. (And Lena pointing and saying, "Baby Eva!" like she always does.)


While we were there, a lady asked me if she could take Lena's picture.


Lena got a humongous oatmeal raisin cookie. It was so big that Mommy had to help her finish it (darn!).


Eva didn't get to taste anything, but she enjoyed getting out of the house and watching people.


We saw our friends, Gary and Cheryl, there.


There were also some fun games for kids. The local bowling alley set up an outdoor bowling game for the kids.


I'm sure it would have been a spare had she gotten a second throw!


No matter; she still scored some candy for her effort.


Lena and a big box of popcorn.

The next set of pics are ones I took earlier in the week. I was getting all the dirty towels out of the bathroom and when I turned around, this is what Lena was doing:

Bathing Big Bird in Eva's bathtub.


She was quite thorough. She got behind the ears. . . .


. . . and in the eyeballs . . . .


. . . and even the hands!


"Look Mama! Big Bird all clean!"

What a goof.

Eva was at the doctor twice last week. We went on Tuesday to have her weight checked and to have the doctor look at a rash she had on her face. Her weight was good, but the doctor wasn't sure what was causing the rash. I worried that it was from a dairy intolerance (like Lena has), but the doctor wasn't convinced. She thought it might be an allergic reaction to something, so she had us give Eva children's Benadryl regularly throughout the day to see if that helps. When we went back on Friday, the Benadryl had not helped and the rash was worse as ever. This time the doctor thought it looked like something called "cradle cap", technical name seborrheic dermatitis. She told us to apply cortisone cream to her face several times a day to see if that helps. She said if that didn't help, that we would have to try putting her on a hypoallergenic (read: expensive) formula. We prayed throughout the weekend that the cream would help because we really didn't want to have to go to formula. Aside from the cost issue, I have been so glad that I am able to breastfeed Eva since I didn't get to with Lena. I really didn't want to have to give that up. And thankfully, the cream did help. The redness went away first, and now the rough, bumpiness is going away as well. I went back on dairy after being off of it for a week and a half, and I have started noticing a bit of fusiness just today, but I think I will just try to limit it because I think it's just causing gas. (With Lena, diary actually caused blood in her diaper.) Since her rash is all but gone, Eva won't go back to the doctor now until her 2 month appointment on August 9.



No comments:

Post a Comment