Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just Another Morning in the Roemke House

So we hit a milestone of sorts last night. It was the first night the girls slept in the same room together. Eva has been sleeping in the bassinet in our room until now. I had known for a while that she was ready to move into Lena's room, but I kind of liked having her close to me. But last night, I just decided to try it. Eva goes to bed much later than Lena, so Lena was dead asleep when I took Eva in. She didn't even stir.

Eva did really well sleeping in there. It wasn't her first time sleeping in the crib; she takes her morning naps in there after Lena has gotten up for the day. So that probably made the transition easier.

Eva sure does seem to move around in her sleep a lot. Once during the night I heard her fussing and went in there to find her turned 180° and her legs sticking out through the crib rails. Then this is how I found her this morning when I went to feed her:


What a silly little baby.


Stretching in her sleep.

Lena woke up at 6 when Jim got up for work and I put her back into bed and then went back to bed myself. A few minutes later, I heard Eva start to fuss and then Lena talking to her. I'm not sure what she said to her, but I definitely heard Lena saying Eva's name. I think it was something like, "It's okay, Eva." She's such a good big sister. Eva went back to sleep.

Lena wore her first nightgown last night. She has several sets of SpongeBob jammies, in two piece sets, but I recently found a SpongeBob nightgown at a Goodwill. She loved it, of course.

This is how Lena spends her mornings. Nightgown hiked up, diaper askew, wearing Daddy's sock as a leg warmer, drinking milk, and watching Cat in the Hat. This picture cracks me up because it represents classic Lena!


I told her to pose so I could take a picture of her in her cute nightgown. This is also classic Lena!


No comments:

Post a Comment