Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Fun

Happy Valentine's Day!  I thought I would share a few pics of the girls celebrating.

 At church on Sunday.  Wearing matching dresses for (I think) the first time.  They were so cute.  I was wearing a sweater the same color, but Eva wasn't really in the mood for picture-taking, so I didn't even attempt a photo with all three of us.  Eva's laughing at a toy zebra that Daddy is holding above my head.


 I wasn't at school with Lena, so I don't have any pics of her class party, but I know it was lots of fun.  She left with a balloon with her name on it, if that's any indication!  They painted these hearts which have clips on the back for holding a picture.  It looks like it's leaning, but it's because Lena was whipping it around while I was taking the picture.


 They made "mailboxes" to put their Valentines to each other in.  


 Their teacher made these pretty heart paper chains.


 Then the girls opened up their Valentine's Day cards from Aunt Hil.  Lena's had a monkey on it, and Eva's had a giraffe.


 Then they opened their presents from Mama.  


 Melamine plates that have a mommy whale saying "I love u this much!" to her baby whale.


Gotta love Target!


 They couldn't wait to use them to eat lunch.


 She was trying to be sneaky and hide her face from me, but I got her!


Mac and cheese with hotdogs tastes better on a brand-new plate!

When Daddy came home for lunch, he brought the girls some little Valentine's Day goodies too.

For dinner I made heart-shaped mini meatloaves and pink mashed potatoes.  The girls loved it!

Saturday, the 11th, marked the tenth anniversary of the day Jim and I got engaged.  Hard to believe a whole decade has passed!  We weren't able to go out and celebrate that day, but hopefully we will soon.  He did bring me a bottle of wine today, so no complaints here!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had such a nice Valentine's Day. You are all real sweethearts! I love you!
    Grandma Sheryl

    ReplyDelete