Friday, June 20, 2014

Peatie: 10 Years


Today is a special day.  It was ten years ago today that our Peatie cat came into our lives.  We were told she was 8 weeks old, which means that she was born right around my birthday.  Since we don't know her exact birthday, I prefer celebrating June 20th as the day she joined our family.


A dug out a few pics of Peatie as a kitten.  Wasn't she just the cutest little thing?  Hard to believe she was ever that little.

 "Helping" Jim with his seminary homework.


 She liked to sit there, but never bothered the fish.





I had originally named her "Sweet Pea", but that quickly morphed into "Sweetie Peatie", and then just became simply "Peatie".  She is our most treasured memento from our time in St. Louis.  She has moved with us five times and lived in four different states in these last ten years.  And she has been a real trooper through it all!

Peatie did a great job of adapting to life with kids in the house.  She was the one to which Lena said her first words, "Hi kitty".  And she was the inspiration for Eva's first word "kitty" as well.  She has become fast friends with Lena; they have a cuddle session every morning when Lena first wakes up.  She puts up with way more from Lena than I ever would have imagined.  She even lets Lena carry her around the house on occasion, which she never lets me do!

Peatie has been my constant companion these past ten years.  She is still super cuddly and her favorite place in the whole house is my lap, no matter where I am.  She is a constant source of calm and joy to me.

I hope to have another ten years with this sweet kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment