Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter!!

Happy Easter, everyone!  We had a great Easter weekend.  The church services all went well and were really nice.  (And I got to attend two of them without Lena, which was a nice break!)  Grammy Tammy and Aunt Amy came up on Saturday and watched Lena while I attended Easter Vigil that night and the Easter sunrise service on Sunday morning.  Then we had a nice breakfast and a beautiful Easter Divine Service.  Mom came up for that and then we all headed home and got ready for our big Easter dinner.  Here are some pics.



Good Friday.  It is really hard finding black/gray clothes for little girls!  But I remembered this sweater that Aunt Hilary got Lena a long time ago and it was perfect.  And I got the headband at Goodwill just the other day not knowing what I would use it for!  (It was actually new, by the way.)


Easter Sunday.  Checking out the Easter lilies.



Everybody got their picture taken in front of the Alleluia banner.


Grandma Sheryl


Aunt Amy


Grammy Tammy


Daddy


Some of my Easter decorations.


My Easter table.  (I got the tulip napkin rings on clearance last fall and have been so anxious to use them!)


Lena enjoying her Easter basket.


Grandma Sheryl Bunny.


Daddy Bunny


Destruction of the Easter basket.


My Easter ham.  It had a really yummy cranberry spice glaze.  (Check out my cooking blog later for the recipe!)


Carrots in the carrot dish. :)


Chocolate nests


Grandma Sheryl brought us our favorite restaurant dessert: Lemon Cream Cake from Olive Garden.  YUM!!

We had a wonderful Easter.  Thanks so much to Aunt Amy, Grammy Tammy, and Grandma Sheryl for coming up to spend it with us.  It's no fun making a big meal like that if we don't have anyone to share it with!  

No comments:

Post a Comment