Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Window Climber Video

So here is the one of the first videos I have taken on my new video camera.  It has three different quality settings (VGA, HD, and HD60), so I am going to try each one to see how different they are.  I can definitely tell the difference in how much room they take up in the internal memory!  The internal memory (128 MB) will only store 30 seconds of the highest quality (HD60) video.  It will hold 2 minutes of the lowest quality (VGA) so that is quite a difference.  It doesn't really matter storage-wise, because I am going to get a memory card; I just haven't gotten one yet.  (Trying to figure out the difference in them.  The prices range quite a bit for the same memory size.)

So here's a video of Lena trying to climb out her bedroom window.  We are not kidding when we say we have to watch her every second!  She is climbing on everything now.  Earlier today I came out of the bathroom to find she had climbed up the ottoman and was pulling all of the pens and pencils out of the pencil cup on the bookshelf.  Baby-proofing is one thing, but toddler-proofing is all but impossible!  We don't know how we are going to keep her out of stuff.  Anyway, here she is trying to climb into the windowsill.






What a little monkey!  I have another one of her climbing up her crib's side rail.  She is just not content to stay at ground level.

So let me know what you think of the video.  Like I said, this is the lowest quality.  I will do another one soon with a different quality setting.  I can already tell that the lowest quality setting is much better than the normal setting on our regular camera.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is clearer than the camera videos were. Please keep posting stills occasionally so that I can update my wallpaper!
    Anthill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder; I found myself thinking about that yesterday and took a couple of regular photos. I also took a bunch on our walk down the farmer's market this morning. Hopefully I will be able to post those this evening.

    And thanks for commenting! No one ever comments on my blog. :(

    ReplyDelete