Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jim Preaches at Historic Trinity

Today Jim preached at Historic Trinity in downtown Detroit for a midweek Lenten service.  One member of our church, Kerry, wanted to go also so we carpooled.  


I sat in the back with Lena while Jim drove and Kerry navigated.  (I was glad to be relieved of my navigating duties today.  There were tons of detours and closures when we got into town, but Kerry did a great job getting us there.  He was very helpful!)  Lena took a nice nap in the car on the way there, clutching the string to my Cardinals jacket the whole time.


They had a sign with Jim's name on it.  Neat!


We had some time before the service to walk around and get some energy out before sitting for a while.  


Lena saw a really cute little girl there!


Daddy took Lena to introduce her to the other pastors.


Historic Trinity is a beautiful old church. 

 

This one's kind of grainy; my camera doesn't seem to do very well in low light situations like this.


Standing at the pulpit.  I think those figures are supposed to be John and Mary, but why they are there is a mystery to us.

Lena did pretty well during the service considering she had been stuck in the car all morning.  I thought she was being a little bit distracting and fussy and I kept noticing the lady in front of us turning around to look at her every so often.  I thought that she was bothering the lady and I tried to keep her a little quieter.  Then after the service she turned around and said "She was so good during the service for someone her age!"  I was really surprised!  

After that we ate a lunch that the church provided.  Then we hit the road to go back home.


Lena slept again on the way home.  We got back in Middleville at 4:45, just in time to go home and come back again for our dinner and service at Good Shepherd!  

It was a long day, but a good day.  Jim really enjoyed preaching there and the pastors seemed to really like him.  Lena had fun looking out the window when we were driving through Detroit.  It was her first time in a city that size; there was so much to see!  I am really proud of how well she did yesterday.  She never got very fussy in the car even though she was really bored and wanted to run around.  It's so nice knowing we can pretty much take her anywhere with us and she handles it well.  Such a good girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment