Monday, March 2, 2009

12 Month Check-Up and Silliness

Lena went to the pediatrician today for her 12 month check-up.  It went really well.  Lena is now 21 lbs. 2 oz., which is good because she has gained back the weight she lost while she was sick and then some.  She is 30 3/4 inches tall, which isn't much taller than her 10 month visit.  She was either 30 or 30 1/2 then.  Still, she's in the 92nd percentile for height and 50th for weight, so she's still quite tall for her age.  Her head circumference was in the 50th percentile as well.  

Everything else was pretty routine.  She got two shots and only cried for like 30 seconds.  She is so great about getting shots.  She's one tough cookie.  

The best news we received at this appointment is that she doesn't require formula anymore.  Her doctor said we can switch to regular cow's milk now.  That is such a relief, considering that she has been on the most expensive formula on the market (Nutramigen) since she was three weeks old and it has been costing us about $170 a month.  Yippee!! She had some regular milk with her lunch today and seemed to like it okay, as long as I warmed it up.  

This afternoon I took some pictures of her playing in her room.  I took a lot because I was trying to get one specific shot, but of course, Lena had other ideas.  I never did get my shot, but I did get some cute ones that are worth sharing.



Walking around like a monkey.


She kept coming too close to me when I was trying to take her picture.  She doesn't quite get the concept yet.


She had fun playing with the box that some of her birthday gifts came in.


Being silly. 

 
"What's under this book?"


The photo shoot really wore her out.  Time for a nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment