Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lena fed herself with a spoon!

So, I didn't get a picture of it, but I just had to share what Lena did today.  As I was preparing the rest of her lunch, I had a small bowl of oatmeal and yogurt sitting on the dining room table with the spoon in it.  I sat Lena next to the table in her high chair and gave her some raisins to occupy her.  After a while I realized that she must be out of raisins by now, and usually she starts to fuss if she doesn't have anything to eat on her tray.  So I was suspicious of how quiet she was being.  I peeked my head around the doorway and found her feeding herself with the spoon!  She had grabbed the bowl off the table and was holding it in her left hand while she was shoveling yogurt into her mouth with the spoon in her right hand.  I was so shocked!  I have never let her feed herself with a spoon before and I just assumed that given the opportunity, she would stick her hand in the bowl and feed herself that way.  But here she was, using that spoon like a pro.  And it didn't turn out quite as messy as I originally thought it was going to be.  She had the bowl by the edge, so some of the yogurt had spilled out, but luckily it hit the floor instead of the high chair.  And she had yogurt all over her spoon hand and the spoon, but that was easily cleaned up.  There was hardly any on her shirt.  Wow!  

I'm so proud of my big girl.  I guess now I should start letting her feed herself with the spoon on a regular basis.  Maybe we'll try it again right before her bath time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment