Friday, June 12, 2009

Early Father's Day

I gave Jim his Father's Day gift today. We will be on the road, driving back from Wisconsin, on Father's Day, so I decided to get it today. It's not exactly the kind of thing I can stash in my suitcase and give to him at any time! I walked downtown to the hardware store and wheeled it back.


Isn't it so pretty? All red and shiny.


Reading the cards (one from me and one from Lena) before he sees the present.


He likes it! (He had an idea that's what I was getting him.)


The first thing he used it for? Taking Lena for a ride, of course!


She loved it.

Happy Father's Day, Jimmy!!



Here are some pics from the last few days.


On Tuesday, for some strange reason, Lena refused to keep her shirt on. I brought her downstairs when she woke up and went into the kitchen to get her milk sippy. This is how I found her when I came back! That's her shirt crumpled up in the corner. I put it back on her and she immediately took it off again. So I gave up and let her run around the house like this most of the day.


On Wednesday Jim and I planted some more annuals. To match the red, orange, and yellow Celosia, we planted some brightly colored pansies.


Very cheerful.


So now half of this bed contains the pansies and hostas and the other half contains squash. Spaghetti, zucchini, and yellow.


Nice.


We have some really pretty foxgloves that are blooming right now.




We have another busy weekend coming up. Tomorrow Grammy Tammy is coming up to watch Lena while Jim and I attend a wedding on Saturday. (Our first date night in who knows how long!) Then on Sunday we are leaving shortly after church for our vacation in Wisconsin.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment