Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Recovery Update

My surgery recovery is going really well. Thursday was definitely the worst day, pain-wise. It hit me like a ton of bricks that morning and I took pain meds all day that day. Then I started feeling a little bit better every morning when I woke up. I decided to go to church on Sunday morning, so I skipped the meds that night, afraid I wouldn't be able to wake up in the morning. So I didn't sleep well without the meds. So church was kind of rough with a poor night's sleep and no pain meds that morning either. The Kutches held Lena during the service so I didn't have to worry about that, but I was in a bit of pain and was ready to go home and lay down as soon as the service was over. I took some meds and had a nice nap that afternoon.

And I have been feeling pretty good ever since. I slept just fine last night without any meds, so I think I am done with them. I still have some pain when I twist too much or try to bend over to pick something up. I wore jeans yesterday when I took Lena out and that was pretty rough on my belly button incision. That one is definitely the worst and will take the longest to heal, I think. It's still very sore.

Here are a couple of pics of Lena playing with Grandma. Grandma did a great job keeping Lena entertained, changed, and fed. Lena loved having Grandma here.



Lena with both of her feet inside one of Grandma's fuzzy socks. Grandma's socks were laying on the couch and Lena was trying to put them on all by herself. The snap on those pants never stays snapped!


Lena combing Grandma's hair.


Grandma went home on Saturday and we were so grateful for her help. I don't think we could have done it without her!

Last evening Lena had some friends come over and play while there was a meeting at church. Grace and Sarah came over and had fun throwing the giant baseball around the living room.

We are excited today because Aunt Hil is coming up for a short overnight visit. We are looking forward to spending some time with her before school starts up again for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment