Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flower Pics

I've got some pics to share this morning.  



This is Lena on Saturday.  A local greenhouse was having an event with free food and plant sales.  It was a beautiful day so we decided to check it out.  I took this pic to show Aunt Hil because the shirt and shoes are courtesy of her.  Hat courtesy garage sale. :)

The rest of these pics are ones I took in our yard yesterday afternoon.  I recently discovered the "macro" setting on my camera.  It allows you to take pics much closer up than the regular setting.  I decided to try it out on some flowers we have blooming in our yard.


This isn't macro.  This is our new peony that Jim got yesterday.  It is supposed to get bright red blooms!  Can't wait to see that.


The rest are macro pics.  This is our bleeding heart.


Gorgeous purple tulip.  We have one of these on either side of our front steps and a few on the side of the house underneath the kitchen window.


Pretty off-white tulip.  We're not really sure what color to call these.  They aren't white white, but they aren't yellow either.  Kind of a cream color I guess.


Pretty.


This is the bloom of the tree in our side yard.  I'm not sure what kind of tree it is.  Some friends cleaned it up last year, cutting it way back.  So it didn't do much last year.  But they told us that it would make it better this year, and I think they are right.  It is full of these pretty pink blooms.

We are headed to Hillsdale today to visit a fellow pastor in the hospital.  He had an emergency appendectomy yesterday.  Looks like a nice day to be out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment