Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lena's Fun Day

Yesterday was an interesting day.  We had planned on garage saling in the morning.  Unfortunately, it was raining when we got up.  So we hung around home for a while until it stopped raining.  We didn't have much time by then, as I had my appointment to have an endoscopy that afternoon.  We stopped by the church, where the youth were holding a garage sale.  We dropped Lena off there so that some church members could watch her while Jim took me to my appointment.  She had lots of fun.  She never bats an eye when we leave her.  In fact, Jim said she fussed a little when it was time to come back home!

My procedure went well.  I didn't have any bad reactions to being put out like I did the last time (that was 10 years ago).  I was just really tired.  When I first came out of it, I couldn't keep my eyes open and kept falling back asleep.  The doctor said that everything looked normal, but he did take some tissue samples in order to do some biopsies.  I'm not sure what he saw that looked unusual, but I guess I will hear the results of that in a few days.  But he didn't see an ulcer, so that is ruled out.  I think that he must have seen some evidence of reflux because he included a brochure about it with my discharge papers.  He said that the next step is to check out my gall bladder.  Yay.

Here are a few pics I took of Lena when we dropped her off at church.



Hanging out with Emily and Grace.  Emily and Grace babysat Lena all by themselves on Monday evening when Jim and I had a meeting at church.  They did a great job, except they needed a little demo on diaper changing!


Lena wearing the silly hat that Daddy insisted on buying for her.


Lena and Todd.  Todd just loves Lena and is always more than willing to watch her when we need it.

We are looking forward to having visitors tomorrow.  Grandpa Lee, Grandma Sheryl, Aunt Hilary, and our friends Bobbi and Dennis are coming up for the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment